The outside of a house is as important as the interior. If the siding is old, broken, or water-damaged, it will not do a good job of protecting everyone and everything inside. Even if the outside of a house is technically secure, corroded surfaces will still look unpleasant and uncomfortable. Talk to our technicians at Oakdale Remodeling for exterior remodel services in Houston.
The Benefits of Remodeling a Home’s Exterior
From repainting the porch to replacing the siding, the costs it takes to restore a home’s exterior can add up over time. However, it is important to remember all the benefits of exterior renovation.
Some of the most typical reasons for starting an exterior remodel project include:
- Repairs for damage or maintenance work are required to keep the house safe
- Preparation for expanding the home with an addition
- Altering the look of the house to look more modern
- Increasing the curb appeal of the whole property
- Raising the market value before the home is put up for sale
- Making the house more efficient in energy consumption
Determining the Plan for an Exterior Renovation
Once the budget and design have been accounted for, it is time to think about the logistics of carrying out the remodel. It is crucial to remember that major repairs and construction should always be prioritized. A larger project will affect which smaller issues must be addressed, perhaps even eliminating these troubles altogether. In addition, any big areas where the siding or roof have been damaged should be fixed immediately.
Exterior remodeling projects often include the following steps:
- Roof repairs, reroofing, or replacement
- Gutter installation and customization
- Window and door replacement
- Siding installation or troubleshooting
- Soffit and fascia repairs or replacement
When Should Siding Be Replaced?
If the siding of a house has suffered damage from a storm or received a lot of wear and tear over the years, it should be replaced. Otherwise, the siding will not do its job of insulating the interior from the elements. If the siding has small dents or scratches, it may be replaceable. However, open gouges or siding that is bubbling and warped indicate a larger issue. Any sign of mold, mildew, or algae also shows that it is time for the old siding to go. Speak to one of our techs at Oakdale Remodeling for full confirmation of whether the siding must be replaced.